We at Palos Verdes Medical Group are committed to providing the best health care to our patients. It is so important, especially during a time like this, that we work together to stay healthy for ourselves and for our community. We understand that many of our patients are apprehensive about coming into the office during this epidemic, despite every safety precaution being made. This is why we have made the decision to immediately offer home health care and telemedicine for PVMG patients! These new services go into effect this Monday, March 16th, 2020!
More about home health care:
If you are suffering from a minor illness such as sore throat, ear ache, or nasal congestion, schedule a home health care visit with one of our participating PVMG health care providers. We are available to come to your south bay residence Monday through Friday to treat you! No need to leave your house! If you are interested in having a home visit, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment! Please include the patients name, phone number, and reason for visit in your email.
More about telemedicine:
Patients who are acutely ill and unsure if they need a medical evaluation are the perfect candidate for telemedicine. We encourage patients with fevers, coughs, and anyone who thinks they may have been exposed to the coronavirus (COVID-19) to schedule a telemedicine visit. Telemedicine visits are great alternatives for established patients who need medication refills or medical re-evaluations during this current climate. Schedule your telemedicine visit today by calling our office at 310-544-6858. Please also fill out the following forms prior to your first telemedicine appointment: Consent to Pay for Non Covered Telemedicine Services and Telemedicine Consent
We ask that if you are capable and comfortable to come into the office for an appointment that you please do so and save these home visit appointments for those who truly need them. Let’s work together as a community to make sure all of us stay healthy and get the care we need.
Information and Safety Precautions:
Due to the recent outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to take the time to remind you that the safety and health of our patients and staff are our top priority. We are taking all necessary precautions. PVMG takes great care to ensure the cleanliness of our office and train our staff on best safety practices so that any and all disease is contained.
In light of concerns related to coronavirus, we want to remind you of the health and safety measures we take to protect our patients and staff:
- We follow strict safety guidelines and procedures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), L.A. County Department of Public Health, and OSHA. This includes sanitizing rooms after each use and using the proper safety and protective gear. We also have a dedicated waiting room and exam rooms for sick patients only. This means if you come to the office for a wellness visit or annual exam, you will not share a waiting room or exam room with someone who is sick. This is our practice everyday at PVMG, not just during flu season or when an illness affects our community.
- We promote personal steps to reduce the spread of germs. We have posted signs around our office and in the bathrooms reminding patients to wash their hands and cover their mouth when they cough. We provide hand sanitizer throughout the office and masks for patients who are sick.
- We have posted extra signage on our waiting rooms to remind sick patients to enter through the designated door. We ask that you please pay attention to these signs!
Keep in mind that CDC does NOT currently recommend the general public use face masks. Instead, CDC recommends following these everyday preventive actions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Stay home from school or work if you or your kids are sick
- Teach kids to cough or sneeze into their elbow or arm (as opposed to their hands)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid others (if possible) who have cold or flu-like symptoms
PVMG is prepared to take patients with coronavirus and has an office-wide plan if said case should arrive. If you do have flu-like symptoms, fever, cough, difficulty breathing or other respiratory issues, please don’t hesitate to call us! We are available to our patients 24/7 and are in the office 7-days a week for your needs.
There is still so much we don’t know about the coronavirus (COVID-19), but as we learn more, we will be sure to communicate with you via email and/or our social media. Remember, the health and safety of our patients is our number one priority.
For additional information about the coronavirus, we encourage you to visit the CDC website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.